QUEENSLAND OAKS (2200m) TO BE RUN AT DOOMBEN
* Set weights for three-year-old fillies
* First run in 1951 (winner Maltmaid)
* NOTABLE WINNERS: Evening Peal (1955), Mode (1971), Analie (1973), Denise's Joy (1976), Surround (1977), November Rain (1981), Triscay (1991), Slight Chance (1993), Arctic Scent (1996), Ethereal (2001) and Winx (2015)
* Traditionally run at Eagle Farm over 2400 metres, the 2015, 2017 and now the 2018 Oaks were switched to the 2200m at Doomben because of renovations to Brisbane's premier course
* TALKING POINTS
This century the race has produced two winners who have gone on to greatness.
The 2001 winner Ethereal went on to win the Caulfield Cup and Melbourne Cups later in the year.
Winx won the race in 2015 to claim the first of a world-record 18 Group One wins which include three Cox Plates.
The Queensland Oaks was Winx's second start in her winning sequence which now stands at 25, the equal of unbeaten sprinter Black Caviar.
Chris Waller, who trains Winx, has five runners this year:
WHAT THE STABLES ARE SAYING
"It was too big a risk for a Group One race and she will race the same way she did in the Roses" - Chris Waller's stable representative Paul Shailer on a decision not to put blinkers on Youngstar.
"She is a real staying type who can grind into the race" - Tony Pike, trainer of New Zealand filly Terra Sancta.
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode