SOME FACTS AND FIGURES ABOUT THE GROUP ONE TATTERALL'S TIARA ON SATURDAY
* Final Group One race of the Australian season
* Run at Doomben, 1350m, $500,000. Fillies and mares, weight-for-age.
* First run in 1989 when won by La Posette
* First elevated to Group One status in 2007 when won by Nova Star
* Usually run at Eagle Farm but was held at the Gold Coast in 2015, Doomben in 2017 and again this year.
SOME BIG NAMES TO WIN IT
* Mamzelle Pedrille (1995), Dane Ripper (1997), Bonanova (1999-2000), Melito (2010), Red Tracer (2013), Srikandi (2015).
* Five three-year-old fillies have won since it has been a Group One. Champagne Cuddles and Moss Trip are the fillies in this year's race
* Last year's runner-up Prompt Response will be striving to go one better
* Miss Wilson, Daysee Doom, Shillelagh, Volpe Veloce are Group One winners in the field
* Trainer Chris Waller is out to make it 14 Group One wins this season. He has Invincibella, Shillelagh and French Emotion in the race, while Noire is third emergency
WHAT THE MAIN PLAYERS ARE SAYING
"I would obviously love to finish her three-year-old season with her a Group One winner," - Champagne Cuddles' trainer Bjorn Baker
"It's going to be a good race, no doubt about that, but I think if she runs anywhere near like she did the other day she's going to be thereabouts," - trainer Andrew Noblet on Super Cash
"She's in great shape. I thought she was open to improvement after the Dane Ripper Stakes and she's done well since that run. I'd like to think she can show that improvement on Saturday and be right amongst it," Prompt Response's co-trainer Adrian Bott.
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode