ALL AGED STAKES
1400m, $600,000, weight-for-age
* Before 2004 run over 1600m
* First run in 1866 when won by Falcon
* Outstanding winners include: Tim Whiffler (1870-71), Carbine (1889-90), Wakeful (1902), Chatham (1934), Peter Pan (1935), Ajax (1938-39-40), Bernborough (1946), San Domenico (1952), Tulloch (1958), Lord (1959), Sky High (1961), Wenona Girl (1964), Tobin Bronze (1967), Emancipation (1984), Rough Habit (1992-93), Sunline (2000, 2002), English (2016)
* Three-year-old Trapeze Artist is favourite after winning the TJ Smith Stakes.
* Gai Waterhouse has won the race five times but does not have a runner this year.
* The Kris Lees-trained Le Romain will be trying to go one better than 2017 when second to Tivaci.
* "He has come out of the TJ Smith really well. Bert (owner Vieira) has told me the Everest is the plan but we have the All Aged first" - Trapeze Artist's trainer Gerald Ryan
* "He's a class horse. This isn't his best trip but he's run very well over this trip before. I expect him to make his presence felt" - Hartnell's jockey Hugh Bowman
* We have had it in our minds on previous occasions. Now is definitely the time to try it,. He's showing signs that he's racing more like a 1400-metre horse" - Fell Swoop's trainer Matt Dale
* "Three-year-olds can have a good record against the older horses at this time of year but obviously he's got to make that jump in class. I think he's got the makings of a nice class horse and this will tell us a bit more about him" - Muraqeeb's jockey Damien Oliver
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode