Group One, $500,000, 1600m
The race is named for champion horse Flight, who was the highest stakes winning mare in Australasia. She was the winner of the W S Cox Plate in 1945 and 1946.
The Flight Stakes is Sydney's premier spring carnival race for three-year-old fillies.
The most recent winners have been Alizee (2017), Global Glamour (2016), Speak Fondly (2015) and First Seal (2014).
Trainer Gai Waterhouse has trained eight Flight Stakes winners.
Previous winners of the Flight include: Sunline (1998), Unworldly (2000), Samantha Miss (2008), Streama (2011) First Seal (2014)
* In 2014 Winx finished second to First Seal
THIS YEAR'S FIELD
*There is a field of 13
* Hugh Bowman has ridden the winner four times. Tommy Berry, Kerrin McEvoy and Tim Clark have also ridden winners of the Flight
THE EARLY MONEY
* Miss Fabulass trained by Kris Lees and ridden by Kerrin McEvoy is the favourite and a daughter of 2008 winner Samantha Miss also trained by Lees
"She's kept stepping up, she's won five in a row and most horses don't win that many in their career. She deserves a crack at the big time and we know she'll run the mile out strongly," Baccarat Baby's trainer David Vandyke
"It is a much better draw on Saturday, Hugh Bowman rides again, obviously Miss Fabulass beat us fair and square last start but I think the one thing in Fiesta's favour on Saturday is the better gate," Fiesta's trainer Chris Waller
* "Miss Fabulass has trained on really well since winning the Tea Rose Stakes (1400m) at Randwick a fortnight ago" - trainer Kris Lees
- Smaller Small Medium Big Bigger
- Default Helvetica Segoe Georgia Times
- Reading Mode